Host your next company picnic at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch!
Look forward to a relaxing corporate picnic complete with a full menu cookout, fun outdoor activities and a beautiful setting on a 3,100-acre dude ranch.
Be it a sizzling steak, country potatoes, cowboy beans or crisp cool watermelon, all ranch cookin’ is prepared fresh and hearty by our on-site chefs.
Enjoy your meal and the great outdoors with flowing waters of the Big Thompson River and red rocks of Eagle Ridge in view.
Colorado’s abundant sunshine, low humidity, and fresh mountain air compliment the down-home hospitality you’ll find at Sylvan Dale Ranch.
“Have I told you lately that I love Sylvan Dale? Another FANTASTIC job! Everything went flawlessly, you and your staff are superb. I highly recommend the ranch for the beautiful grounds, fun and unique activities, delicious food and treats, and especially the staff who went above and beyond to make sure each guest had an unforgettable time. Our Otters and their families had nothing but positive things to say!”
Fort Collins, Colorado
We have plenty of picnic space for groups of up to 400. So rest easy, we’ll take care of everything!
For the picnic planner, here is a summary of what we have to offer:
- SEASONS: Picnic outings can be enjoyed at Sylvan Dale most of the year (weather permitting), usually April through September. Bookings start a year in advance, so reserve early for best availability.
- PICNIC FACILITIES:
- Heart-J Picnic Area
- Game room with billiards, foosball, ping pong, board games and darts
- Game courts with tennis, basketball, pickleball, four-squre and shuffle board
- Heated swimming pool (June-August)
- Ask about our small group BYO option at Cottonwood Gulch, tucked away at the base of Green Ridge
- MENUS: A wide variety of picnic menu options are available. From burgers, brats and dogs to herb chicken and brisket, we are internationally renowned for our delicious home prepared and cooked meals. Includes iced tea, lemonade and iced water. Dietary restrictions are easily met, and custom menus are available.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: We can provide wine/beer or full bar service for your event. We feature the best from select wineries and breweries. Under state law, all alcohol services and products must be arranged through Sylvan Dale.
- LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS: 1 hour and 15 minutes from Denver International Airport. In the foothills seven miles west of Loveland, Colorado, on US Highway 34, 18 miles east of Estes Park, 20 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park. Altitude is between 5,200 and 7,000 feet, on 3,100 acres.
Add to the fun!
Explore our scenic foothills on horseback, tour the ranch on a hayride or try your hand at roping.
HORSEBACK RIDING — Explore 3,200 scenic acres of Rocky Mountain foothills on horseback! From novice to experienced riders, our horses are sure to please. Most of our American Quarter horses are bred, raised and trained right here at the ranch.
- 240 lbs rider weight limit
- Must be 7 years + to ride
- Closed toe and heel shoes
- Long pants are recommended for the ride
- No alcohol may be consumed prior to the ride
LEAD AROUND RIDES – Lead around rides are perfect for the little ones 6 years and under. Our experienced wranglers will lead our gentle horses for an experience the kids love! Horses are right at the picnic site for everyone to enjoy.
WAGON RIDES — Let us take your group on a ranch tour with beautiful draft horses, or if you prefer, a tractor-drawn hayride.
NATURE, BIRDING, HIKING — New worlds to explore, on your own, or with experienced birders and naturalists.
ROPING LESSONS – Try your hand at roping. Our ranch cowhands will teach you how to balance and throw a rope. Cheer on your peers or show em how its done!
ENTERTAINMENT – Singers, bands, DJ’s and dancing instruction are just a few options we offer here at Sylvan Dale. Ask our event planner for more details.
TRAP SHOOTING AND TROPHY TROUT POND FISHING – Available for small numbers within your group. Reserved in advance.